Administrative Clerk/ Accounts Receivable
Provides clerical and reception support for the administrative staff of the company, including answering telephones, greeting clients and visitors, keying, filing, and maintaining cash receipts.
- Greets and refers clients and visitors.
- Composes correspondence, reports, forms, and other documents independently, notes, or general instruction from supervisor and staff.
- Proofreads material and corrects grammar, spelling, or word usage; receives and screens callers and directs them to the appropriate party.
- Coordinates meetings, and updates time-off schedules for supervisors and staff using an online calendar system.
- Compiles budget data from financial records; maintains records; establishes filing system for accounts payables, maintains and controls confidential employee or departmental files; schedules maintenance of office equipment.
- Often develops and maintains spreadsheets to enter information and generate reports; produces, revises, or refines formal presentation materials using presentation software such as PowerPoint®.
- Answers main telephone system, takes messages, and directs incoming calls appropriately.
- Receives and logs incoming mail.
- Types and/or reproduces reports, forms, correspondence, checks, grants, and other material as generated by agency staff.
- Prepares and verifies deposits and posts cash receipts to accounts receivable.
- Daily, research and inputs cash receipts data into the computer.
May perform other duties as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to accurately key a minimum of 50 wpm.
- Ability to operate standard office machines. Knowledge of efficient office procedures and recordkeeping practices; standard word processing, spreadsheet; e-mail systems; proper English usage, spelling, and punctuation.
- Two years’ relevant work experience, including experience processing invoices and checks and making and preparing bank deposits.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.